GW Getting Started
- 1.Turn on Ruuvi Gateway by powering it with USB-C.- Quickest start: Connect Gateway to your router with Ethernet cable, wait one minute, and you're done.- Note that Ethernet cable must not be connected before the configuration is complete if you do not want to use default settings.
- 2.Start configuration by connecting to WiFi hotspot "Configure Ruuvi Gateway XXXX".
- 3.If the browser doesn't open automatically, type http://10.10.0.1 into the address bar.
- 4.Configure RuuviGateway according to guidance and preferred settings, and connect to a local WiFi or connect Ethernet cable.
- 5.Gateway is now ready to be used and sending data to Ruuvi Cloud or your own cloud.
Ruuvi Gateway has 4 LEDs: Green, Red, Ethernet green, and Ethernet yellow.
The green LED is on when receiving data from Bluetooth sensors and communicating with the cloud server.
Ethernet Yellow turns on when a cable connection is detected and blinks on data transfer. Green led turns on if Gateway operates at a faster 100 MBit/s speed instead of legacy 10 MBit/s. Most modern routers will have the green led on at all times.
A short press of the button re-enables the gateway's configuration mode.
A long press (7 seconds +) of the button is a factory reset which erases all configured settings and enables configuration mode (activates Wi-Fi hotspot). After pressing the button, you need to wait until the red LED flashes at a rate of 2.5 Hz, then release the button, after that the gateway will restart with the active Wi-Fi access point.
If you want to use the Gateway with your own server, you can connect via MQTT or HTTP(s). The data formats are detailed on pages: